
I've missed a few fun events lately, like our ward Christmas party, which was actually pretty dang fun. They had an international Christmas so we had a ton of yummy food. I couldn't believe how much food there was, especially since normally they run out at our shindigs. Other than that, I can't remember a lick of what we've been doing.
I've been trying to get the kids to do a few Christmas projects around the house. Last Sunday we made the all-famous Ginger Bread House. Ours was a pretty sad house. It's probably the ugliest house I've ever seen. The kids helped a lot (last year I did it myself) so it was very unique. It was so much fun though. This picture of Halle is basically what she did the entire time. I think she put a few candies on but she ate most of them. Notice the cheeks full of sweets.
The house kept sliding down the icing because of course, we don't read instructions, (who does?) We didn't let it set before adding the candy which upset Andy since he wanted it to look like the picture on the box. Consequently, I decided to just throw the box away.
We've been stuck to our house quite a bit with colds, but mostly due to the fact that Andy has ended his Peds ER rotation of night shifts and is now doing OB-gyn. Fun, I know.
I'll let him write about that. :)
Thankfully, some of our friends have came over to keep us company.
Reagan and her son Jack brought fun foam to make Christmas trees and snowmen. The kids had fun for a minute and then she and I finished them. She and I had a great time though. The kids had more fun jumping on the bed. They actually made some cute cards though.
Some of you may be getting them for a Christmas card since they've since found more interest and it's become a daily project.
Payton takes it very seriously. I love the concentration. When he's not doing this, however, he is acting. For real. My kids are singing songs all day and acting out some movie. He goes back and forth from 'Polar Express' and his old fav, Larry from 'Night at the Museum'. Thankfully, we've had a break from his Botox routine of 'Christmas with the Kranks'.
Payton and Jack are so cute. Jack just had a birthday. We went to a gym called Playrobics and the kids all ran around for hours. It was awesome. Afterwards, they were so hungry they all sat down at the restaurant and ate without a fuss. I've never seen so many kids sit so good.
Jack also shared one of his Favorite Christmas Cd's with us and the kids are now addicted too. So much that I can't get them to GO TO SLEEP!!! They are too busy singing in their beds.....
Friday, December 19, 2008
That's the way the gingerbread crumbles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't think your gingerbread house is ugly! It looks like the kids enjoyed themselves!
I think your gingerbread house is very cute. I gave up trying to do them because mine always fell apart. It sounds like your house is alot of fun. I love to hear little kids sing. I used to babysit a little girl that loved the little mermaid, she was so funny because she would watch the movie and sing along with it and do the actions while singing. Kids are so cute.
I think the gingerbread house is AWESOME!!! What creative kids you have. I sure hope I get a card...hint, hint, hint! Can't wait to see you all. I miss you soooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!
Post a Comment