With days of rain and cold it was getting hard to keep the kids in check. The other morning we heard the city horn go off two times, which means school is canceled for the day. I looked outside and it was cloudy, nothing else. By noon, however, we had a few inches of snow. This is what the kids did all morning... stare out the window... Boring!! We decided to bundle up and go play. Now, my kids don't have any boots or anything really fit to play in the snow, with the exception of a coat and hat. We've only needed boots and suits at my moms so they stay there. Oops. We found a few layers to last a little while.
The neighbor from downstairs came out with a sled and his mom was kind enough to pull the kids up and down the side walk. They had so much fun. This was Halle's first time really playing in the snow and she loved it. They certainly had winter rosy cheeks too.
We build an awesome looking, strange, safari, pear shaped snowman. This small man took a long time cause all the kids kept knocking it down when trying to pack it. We used a carrot of course and then malt balls for the rest. Hey, it's all I could find. Thanks mom for sending the candy. Halle kept trying to eat them with each one I put on. We then were getting cold and went to go inside but the door was locked. I hate my door. The lock turns easily and I didn't have a key cause we were just a few feet away, playing in the snow. UGH!! Thankfully, the landlord lives two blocks away and my neighbor let me take the kids in the sled to get a key.
My 2nd thankfully, she was home!! She gave us a key and chocolate candy! What could be better than that. The kids jumped in for a long bubble bath to get warm. Payton is of course Santa Claus. I asked him what he wanted to ask Santa for. He replied, "I want his Santa coat." This is because he is of course an 'actor' and we got the kids Santa hats. I told him I didn't think Santa would let him have his coat. :0
Since all the kids were out of school, they were still outside playing when Andy got home from work. They kids went out for a very quick snow throw. Luckily, they decided it was too cold. I bet they are glad I made them wear a coat and hat unlike going out barefoot and half naked like they tried prior.
2 comments:
That looks really fun -- and freezing too!
That looks so fun......and COLD! I'm glad they were able to go out and play in it. Even if for a short time. There's nothing like a romp in the snow!
Post a Comment