Saturday, December 6, 2008

Better watch out.

See these smiling faces. Yep, that's because the day after Thanksgiving we slept in and opted not to shop. Oh it felt so good! After finally deciding what to do we headed to Manhattan to check out the lights and all the crazy happenings. Our good friend Mike was here for the weekend and thankfully took some pictures with ALL of us in them. That is a rarity I must say. On a side note, the day after this pic, we watched ELF and Payton said, "hey, I was there!" He was pretty excited. (they have a snowball fight on this bridge.) In fact, he said to me the other day while watching 'Santa Claus', "Mom, so have we been to the North Pole yet?" "No honey, we haven't." "Oh, well we still need to do that."
It was a little chilly but the kids still had fun running around in Central Park. I wish I would have taken my camera when it was Fall time and all the leaves were gorgeous! Payton loves having his picture taken but it's hard to get him to not pose all 'model' like.??? He's the next Zoolander, what can I say. We call this Gold steal.
What awesome parent doesn't take their kid on the dirty subway, I mean come on. Actually it's just a joke we have but the kids think it's cool. Jazelle road the subway Payton will tell you.
This picture would be perfect if Andy just had a fluffy hat with on ball on top.
We saw, Cookie Monster, Elmo, and of course Santa. (the one ringing the bell on the corner) Payton only said, "I saw Santa." Later however, when we were of course threatening him to go to bed the conversation went like this...
"You better go to bed cause Santa will see you and put you on the naughty list."
"Mom, I already saw him in NY!"
"Well maybe he had to do a little shopping too." :)
"But I saw him in NY! He's not at the North Pole to see me."
"He's magic. He goes home just like we do."
"Are you kidding me! Fine! I'll go to sleep!"

4 comments:

Lori Huntsman said...

The pictures are great. I want copies!!!!!!! I miss you all sooooo much!!!!!

mamasteph said...

Cute pictures! Kids are too darn smart, don't you think?!

Kamill said...

Your little family is so cute! Smart to not go out shopping the day after Thanksgiving, its way too crazy! Happy Holidays

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

you guys have such a cute family picture, and kristin your hair is so pretty, i know thats pretty random but it really is! happy holiday!