Thursday, August 20, 2009

Huntsman Reunion '09

Every 2 years we have my Grandpa's family reunion. This year we went to King's Creek Campground up near Tropic Reservoir. I've never been there before, but it was nice and we had a great time to say the least.
This is a typical picture of Halle during the reunion. There was a lot of dirt and so of course, they played in it. And not just play on it, but lay in it, roll in it, throw it, (then sit in time out for throwing it), pile it, pretend it was make-up, you name it, they did it.

One night we had family program. There was a large number of people who couldn't make it but I think we counted 127 for this reunion. I think we've only had one reunion where EVERYONE was there. Hopefully someday.....We all have matching shirts, awe..

Nicki, Nicholas, Jay, Halle, Jenny, Payton, Isabella
We all took turns performing a song, poem, or whatever. My kids of course stood there and wouldn't sing their song but I didn't feel too bad because they had at least sang it for Grandpa at his house a week before. That's who this was for anyway. However, they sure had fun singing with everyone else!! Nice, make me look dumb but oh well! It was cute..

Yep, my kids, covered in dirt. They had just put these shirts on maybe and hour and a half prior. :) Big thanks to our aunts and uncles who let them go for endless rides on the gators. They had so much fun!
This is my Grandpa Huntsman. He is one of my hero's and is also the best looking old man in the world!! He turns the big 100 this September and he doesn't look a day over 80! Everyone says Payton looks just like Andy and Grandpa Huntsman.
My aunt Marie put together a book about his life and we were all able to get copies. It was nice to see pictures of him and all our family when they were young and hear the stories of growing up. Grandpa then autographed each of our books. Mine of course said, "you're my favorite!" JK

Steph, Shalee, and Kris

This pictures was from our last day there. The kids were smothered in sunscreen and I have no idea what they were doing to get it pasted on their faces. Sadly, most of the time I had no idea what they were doing because, basically my kids would rather live at "Aunt Jodie's camp". They spent most of their time there playing with their "new" cousins. In truth their camp was right next to ours but they mostly came to me if they needed to go to the bathroom....lovely.

Halle's version :) They were so dirty that I had to just take off their clothes and have them ride home in their underwear. Everything else was packed. They didn't seem to care.

Every night we, of course, roasted marshmallows. They also wanted to roast hot dogs every night but that gets old quickly. Besides, Halle was the only one who'd eat them. They loved to roast them but then they just wanted to give them away and roast another.

This was Payton on the ride home. Nothin but a hat!

Halle and McKyla looking for sticks.

Grandpa Huntsman and Halle

If Andy looks surprised, it's because we all were. Our first day there he went fishing. After blowing up his tube, (not with a machine) he spent a few hours fishing in the lake. He came back with a terrible headache and spent the next two days literally in a sleeping bag with a terrible migraine. I was ready to take him to the hospital the 3rd day when he just woke up and came outside smiling, but a little weird. JK :) We all were happy to welcome him back to life and he then ate and went out fishing!!

Halle, Kris and McKenzie
Ok, so yes I have a doo-rag on in all of these pictures, but hey, we're camping!! Everyone else did too. I didn't want my fav hat to smell like smoke ok. Anyhoo, it was so great to see everyone there. Kenze here, I maybe get to see once a year if I'm lucky. I used to babysit her all the time and feel like I helped raise her. Unless she gets into trouble, that's her moms doing. :) Now she's a teenager...ah, I feel so old!

For all you faithful blog followers, this is me and my cousin Leslie. I did the Avon Cancer Walk with her and her sister Nicole. Once again, our lovely rags. :) Apparently all of my cousins have made a plan to go visit her since she lives in Hawaii. Luckily I made my appointment first!

Belle, Aunt Jodie, and Payton
Payton has always been fascinated with four-wheelers and tractors but has never dared to get on them before. I was so happy to see he finally got on. He had so much fun.
This picture just cracks me up because of the story behind it. This was our first day there. It was raining and of course our cheapo tent was leaking from the few little sprinkles. The men started putting up the tarps and of course us ladies watched and suggested how they could do it best. :) Finally Jesse said, "Look you guys, I know how we can do it if someone would just go get me some pine cones!" We all of course immediately start laughing, not knowing what he's talking about, while Aunt Jodie just walks over and gets him some pine cones. Being the out door's man he is, he suggested tying the two tarps together with pine cones, so not to get any creases or leaks. Sure enough, it worked out perfectly!! Who knew? Not me. :)

The almost finished product. We had no leaks after that!

Belle, Aunt Jodie and Halle
Just wanted to tell everyone how much fun we had. The kids keep talking about all their new friends and new cousins. It was great to see you and catch up on all the interesting things in your lives. Staying up late making fun of each other, reminiscing of the old days, moving cars and tents all over, sharing treats and especially for smiling for all the pictures you didn't want me to take. We love you all and can't wait to see you at the next reunion!

The week before our family reunion, we had a small get-together with lots of the family at a pool party to celebrate my cousin Annie's wedding. My kids just love cousin Karen, her pool, and especially their dog Rocco. She's been kind enough to let us swim there several times this summer and each time we leave exhausted but with smiles on our faces.

Don't know why Dustin had this but he let Payton try it on. :) Payton said he'd look like 'Moe' if only it was red. :)
School is starting now and our summer fun will have to slow down. Thanks to all of you who made it so much fun!!






















4 comments:

mamasteph said...

Looks like so much fun! We haven't ventured out camping with the kids yet, even though Aleece begs us every couple of weeks! It's just too hot here! But you guys definitely make it look worth it! :)

Raegan said...

Oh my cute post! Your kids look like they are having the time of their lives. They are litterally beaming! So, soooo, so cute!

Debbie said...

It looks like those kids had way too much fun! I'm excited for and yet dread our first big family camping trip. I used to be all about camping and getting dirty. Not so much an more. Me and dirt are on non-speaking terms. :) I wonder why the switch. Hm. Anyway, can't wait to see you guys when you get down here! Yea!! :)

Dave and Mel said...

I like the bandana look and can't believe how long your's and Halle's hair is- I guess it really has been a while since we've see you guys! This reunion looks amazing and I can see why you were so excited about it. I love how your dirty kid pictures and how they really know how to play! Congrats to your Grandpa and glad to see you all so happy!