My aunt Cheryl and cousin Nicole, at the end of Nicole's marathon last year. Cheryl surprised her at the end of the 26+ mile walk. I love this picture!
I just wanted to make a post to get the word out of something I feel very strongly about. Finding a cure for breast cancer. My cousins Nicole and Leslie are going to walk in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Washington, DC in May. They are walking in memory of their mother, Cheryl "Cherry" Jensen, who passed away last June after battling breast cancer.
I got a mix up on the dates and am worried I wont be able to raise enough money in the short time until the 2 day marathon walk on May 2-3. I loved my aunt very much and want to help in the fight. I am still trying to raise the amount needed so I can register and walk along with them. If I am unable to raise the amount required, I will be giving my cousins those donations which I have received.
The money we raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those that most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures.
I can’t do it without your help. Though I’m required to raise at least $1,800 in donation, I want to raise much more!
How To Help Me
Write a check, make it payable to "Avon Walk for Breast Cancer" and send it to my home address. I will then send it in with the appropriate form. As I mentioned before, I am still trying to raise the amount needed to register. If I am unable to reach the amount required, your and my donations will be added to my family fund raising campaign on the Avon Walk website in the team name "Pink Cherries".While at the site, you might want to spend some time to find out more information on why this event is so important, and the organizations and people that will be helped by the money we all raise.
If you have any questions, you can email me at andyandkristen@hotmail.com.
Love and thanks to you all!
2 comments:
That is so cool, i love that picture. we'll definitely help out.
Kris,
That is -so- amazing! My Grandma Hamilton was diagnosed with breast cancer over Christmas break, but has gotten through it. At our school, we hada pink out breast cancer day and I am so glad that I participated! Makes me feel great!
Post a Comment