Sunday, January 22, 2012

September Fun

 Yeah, I know this was last year....Sorry-trying to catch up for mom and the kids. :)
So unless you never watch the news-(Mike) you know that we had a major drought last summer.  It was actually kind of fun to have a big sandbar at the lake.  The kids could swim across and run and explore new places.  It got quite a lot lower than this and we weren't able to dock the boat at all.  Made for lots of running on the sand.  Found an old cellphone Andy had dropped in there a year ago.  Still haven't found one of the two wedding bands he dropped in there yet..
 My cute boys.  Payton loves the paddle boat.
 Nana and Peggy came out to visit.  We had a great time going to the zoo.  Perfect weather. 
 Andy enjoys the zoo OK, but he mainly goes there to feed the birds. 
 Decided it was about time to see the Galveston beach.  We'd never been there and I thought it was pretty nice.  Much better than I had expected.  Kids LOVED it of course.  I think we will have to go more often now.  Halle found plenty of sea shells to add to her 'collection'. 
 Excellent sand building skills here...

 Enjoying something new...waves. :)

 Lazy bums...........:) I love that they had to go home to COLD weather after this. ;)
 Seems like we only go do something when we have guests.  Y'all need to come visit so we can get out and do something!  NASA was pretty cool.  Not as cool as the price it costs to get in, but cool all the same.  Really bummed Payton had to miss it, but that's why we blog-so he can look at pictures!
 Famous, "Houston, we have a problem!" I think I want a red phone now. Pretty sweet. The 5 spy TVs in the background would be a fun addition at home also.
 Yep, that's my daughter, no idea where she gets that stuff. Seriously..
Missed Great-Grandpa Huntsman's 102 Birthday, so we called  him on the phone, sang him a song, and baked a cake in his honor.  Good times! 

1 comment:

The Larsen's said...

You guys are awesome! Looks like you have been having fun. I need to do some updating of my blog sometime soon. :)