Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter

Since I've been a complete slacker lately and have momentarily gotten a new surge of slight energy, I have decided to not only cook yet blog...tada!
A friend of mine had this recipe and I must say it was quite yummy.

1 c. plus 2 T. all purpose flour
2 T brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

2 eggs, 1 c. milk, 1/2 c. canned pumpkin, 2 T butter, melted
Orange walnut butter--  1/2 c. butter, softened
                                      1/4 c. chopped walnuts
                                      1 T grated orange peel
                                      Maple syrup
In a lg. bowl, combine the first six ingredients.  in another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter: stir into dry ingredients just until combined.  bake in a preheated waffle iron according to general directions until golden brown.  Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended.  Serve waffles with butter mix and maple syrup.  Yield: 4 servings

6 comments:

karen said...

these look so good!!! thanks for sharing. :)

Ashley said...

They were soooo yummy! Thanks for letting Robyn and I eat the leftovers!

The Larsen's said...

The pancakes look and sound yummy. I should try. I love the new photo of Peyton and Halle at the top of the page. It's so adorable!!

The Larsen's said...

Oops. I meant waffles.

Anonymous said...

you might have to make some when i get back! yum!

Matt and Lena said...

made these for breakfast this morning! yum! thanks for sharing :)