Monday, March 29, 2010

Payton turned 6!

I can't believe that my sweet little boy just turned 6!  I was looking back at pictures and videos recently and just wanted to cry.  Time goes by so fast.  We've had a lot of fun these past 6 years and I hope the next years to come are just as exciting.
If you know Payton, you know he LOVES music.  As you can see, he started very young.
Payton has always had a beautiful smile.  His entire face lights up.  This kid is almost always smiling and though that little boy trouble phase is slowing coming upon us, he is still the sweetest boy.
                                                             Payton at 2 yrs. :)
We had a fun celebration for Payton's birthday.  We ended up having a change of plans at the last minute which later proved to be a blessing in disguise.  My mom and our friend Cherry were here and we all headed up to Grandpa and Grandma Golds house for the weekend.  We had a yummy picnic outside and the kids were brave enough to go swimming in the lake.  Yeah, the weather is starting to get nice but no way am I getting in the lake yet.  They didn't stay in too long but  had fun either way. :)
Payton picked out the picture of the football cake he wanted and even put the decorations on himself. Sadly since it was double stacked, it didn't last the car ride there too well.  :(  Oh well, it was delicious all the same. 
I was so surprised and thankful that Andy's family had some presents.  We had planned to have his party on his actual birthday the following week but since everyone was up to the lake for spring break we shot for that instead.  It was totally last minute and I really appreciate everyone helping out and making it a special day for him.  
The kids all gathered around and helped Payton guess his presents before he even opened them. :)  They were right on almost all of them! 

                                          Peter and Halle enjoyed the celebration too!
 I was so glad we had Payton's party over the weekend because this is what happened Monday.  :(  We had got up and headed for the zoo but since it was spring break and the Houston Rodeo, it was impossible to find a place to park.  We ended up heading home and going to a local park for a picnic.
He was climbing up the twisty slide and fell.  We didn't realize how bad it was till we got home and he still couldn't hardly move at all.  He was in a lot of pain and was being SO BRAVE.  I told him it was OK to tell the doctor if he hurt him.  He would put on a strong front and then as soon as the doctor was done, he'd turn around and cry in pain. 
Luckily we didn't have to wait too long at the ER.  However, proud of my hubby for noticing a fracture on the x-ray.  The ER doc asked if we wanted to see the x-ray.  Sure!   Andy told him it looked like there was two fractures.  The doc said, "nope, I don't see it, he's fine".  Radiology report came back and yep, two fractures!! Imagine that.......idiot.
Had to leave it in a sling a few days for the swelling to go down and then on his real birthday, he got to go the the orthopedist and get a cast.  Doc walked in said, yep, 2 fractures.. (I wish I could get out of paying the ER doc)
He was a good boy and thankfully the cast has helped his arm to feel much better.  He had a rough couple days so we are happy to have him smiling and playing again.
Grandma and Cherry took us out dinner that night for Payton's birthday.  The waiter brought him an enormous piece of strawberry cheesecake.  Payton does NOT like cheesecake, or strawberries for the matter.  He posed for a picture but looked like he wanted to cry when he saw it.  Thankfully the waiter was nice and brought him a giant slice of chocolate cake instead.
He was much happier after that and the rest of us were all fatter after eating both the chocolate and the cheesecake!
 It ended up being a wonderful birthday.  When he went back to school on Monday, he was happy to see they were learning the letter X for x-ray.  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post! Payton is getting so big! First grade will change everthing! I love the cheesecake picture that is too funny! That's exactly how Juel would be too!

Lori Huntsman said...

He was so brave! He truly is a sweet boy. Nana

Debbie said...

Ahhh... that was so cute about Payton being brave at the doctors! *sniffle!* And hey! Your cake looked awesome! Nice job!