So we are really enjoying our new ward. Due to sickness, we've only been there twice, maybe 3 times, but we like it........so far, Just kidding! :)
No offense to anyone, but I can't remember the last time I really enjoyed the meetings so much. For the last 7 years I've been pretty much in the primary, nursery, playing music for the ward (my favorite) or several of them at the same time. They've been great learning experiences but I didn't realize until today how much I have missed going to Relief Society. I enjoy serving but kept thinking, ok, when they give me a calling, I hope that I can still come to Relief Society.
Today we were called into the bishops office. He told us they were happy to have us and they've heard lots of good things about us. I had to laugh since I have no idea where they heard that! I guess Andy grew up in this stake, but that was like 10-12 years ago. People change ya know. :) ha ha
Since we are new to the ward, my first thought was, (could you please speak in church). Nope, I was called as one of the Primary Achievement Day leaders. Yes, I've worked in primary forever, but I've only heard of this and don't really know exactly what I am to do. It will definitely be something 'new' for me and I'm looking forward to it. Plus, it's 2 nights out of the month that Andy has to put the kids to bed. :) Sweet.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
New Calling......what is that again?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How fun! That is the best calling! You get to work with the girls and do fun things, but you still get to go to Relief Society. I miss that too!
Congrats on your new calling. That was one of my favorite callings. You'll be awesome with those girls.
Afton's had that calling. So she'd knows a bit about it.
I've done that calling before too! You'll have a great opportunity to influence those young girls for good! And everyone is right, you still get to go to RS! A win/win situation, I'd say! :)
I have that calling right now and it has definitly been one of my favorites so far! We will have to exchange ideas!
That's a great calling. You get to hand out and party with the girls and have a break from the kids! Awesome!
I'm jealous...that sounds like a great fit for you and one that I would love do to too! Now you can put all your crafty talent to work and the girls will love you.
I just got caught up on your blog and can't believe how old Halle looks, where did her curls go?? Looks like you are having fun and glad to hear you like your ward and all that :)
Those girls in Kingwood 2nd ward are lucky! You'll love them and they'll know it... and just like others have mentioned... you'll still get to go to Relief Society!
Post a Comment