Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Little Miss Halle is 3

I can't believe that our little girl is already 3! While she is definitely a 'red head' with a Huntsman temper, she is also the sweetest little girl. This weekend some of her cousins came over to help us celebrate. We went bowling-most of the kids scored higher than us. Of course, they were using the bumper but still. Not my nor Andy's finest performance. :)
It was fun though. We then came back to our place for Pizza and cake. Can I just add, that after having carpet in rentals for the last two years, it is SOOO nice to have tile and not worry about kids spilling or making a mess. :) Sweet..
This is by far, our 2nd saddest looking birthday cake. :) ha ha But it was a last minute thing and she had picked the princess toppers out at the store quite some time ago. She loved it all the same. Yeah there are 4 candles including the castle but ya gotta have one for good luck, remember. :) She also proudly wore her ribbon that said, "Birthday Princess."
We had originally planned to have a "Princess Party" and make everyone come dressed up as royalty. We bought all 'princess' cups, paper plates, napkins, etc. Halle considered that her present-she was so excited about them. She kept showing everyone what she'd got for her birthday. Guess the boys lucked out that we scratched that idea after everyone got sick. I had to laugh because they all refused to use the princess cups or plates, (except little Peter). :) They insisted on the plain white ones. ha ha! Don't think they would've loved dressing up like a prince either. :)
This was a last minute get together since we were feeling better. BIG Thank You to Andy's sisters for coming to hang out on such short notice. It really made Halle's day. :)
She was very excited to have a pinata for her party. My family does them at Christmas time and she's never forgot it. She patiently waited until her birthday to have one. :)
Being the awesome sister-in-law that I am, I gave the kids, pizza, cake and then loads of candy to eat all night. Thankfully there is plenty of room for the to run around crazy. ha ha
Here they are all counting their 'loot' from the pinata. Thanks again everyone for making it such a fun night!
We did have our own little celebration the week before on her actual birthday. The kids pitched a tent in the bedroom and had a sleepover. It's hard though when one kid gets a nap and the other doesn't. Payton kept trying to sleep and Halle wanted to play flashlights all night. They eventually went to sleep.
Here is our other beautiful cake. ha ha. Like I said, we'd planned to have a party later so we just did a little cake for us and stuck the candles on. She was happy but I know later on when she's older she'll be saying, what the heck! :)
We went out to the movie. Yeah, we didn't want to get our friends and family sick, but we didn't care if we got everyone else sick. Just kidding! (Just colds) Luckily, there wasn't really anyone in the theater.
We didn't really see the Chipmonk movie, we saw 'Planet 51'. They kids just really like the chipmunks. They were able to see the trailor for this movie though and Halle now goes around singing, "All the single ladies, all the single ladies, oh oh oh".
Yummy milkshakes!
The kids were kind enough to share. He'd 'slurp' then Andy would. mmm, mmm, good.

5 comments:

mamasteph said...

It looks like Miss Halle had a wonderful birthday! And how fun to have so many cousins close by!!!

Gayle said...

Looks like a great little party for Halle! I love it that kids are so easy to please even when things don't turn out like we would have planned.

And I love your new header picture! Totally sums up the crazy good life with little ones!

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

Happy Birthday Halle! Don't listen to your mom because I LOVE the cake! I Think its way cute with all the princess stuff!

The DeMille Digest said...

They grow up so fast, dang it! And don't knock yourself about the cakes...kids love anything you stick a candle out of and sing happy birthday to! Why we kill ourselves to do anything more is beyond me!

Lori Huntsman said...

Halle looks so different with bangs. Cute pictures. I wish I could have been there. I miss them (you all) so much. Happy Birthday sweet Halle.