Thursday, April 23, 2009

Slightly Embarrassed

Yes I know it's been forever since we've posted. I have a lot of catching up to do. Not because any of you REALLY want to know what has been going on, but because this is basically our family journal. We've had some fun times and also a little slump of just being too lazy to write. So be patient at the next few days of major posts.

I decided that I probably should try and train a little better for the Avon walk coming up next week. I'm in ok shape so I haven't worried about it but now I think I'm in for a shock. I keep thinking, I've been running, it's just a walk. I've since decided it will probably be very hard and I've just been stupid. In my head I can see my mom shaking her head at me. Either way, I'm very excited to be doing it with Nicole and Leslie.

So the other day I told the kids we were going on a long walk. It's slightly difficult here to get in the mileage because many of the roads don't have sidewalks. There was a park on route so they were all for it.

We came to a major road and were just merrily skipping along when I noticed they had a large section closed and covered with trees. They were cutting and mulching with huge trucks. We had no where to go. A worker asked me if I wanted to cross the street and I reminded him there was no sidewalk there and I obviously had a double stroller and kids.
Now, I don't get embarrassed very easily but when he full out stopped traffic, I came about as close as one could get. We probably had about 200 yards to get around them and I can only imagine the evil glares we were getting. Not to mention the traffic pile-up it was causing. Luckily it wasn't on the big hill and I could just jog it. That was actually very nice of them to help us out. Had to laugh though.

When we reached the park, the kids were so happy to have their picnic we'd taken. We'd been there 20 minutes and it started to rain. We had about 7 miles back to our house. Yeah, so luckily the train was a block away and we got a ride home. I had thought that we could probably just walk home from the station by then but nope, it was then POURING. So.. we took a taxi. Our long walk turned out to be about 2 miles. I'm so ready for 39!! :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Ok Keisten, Mikes sister walked the half mile marathon in salt lake a few weeks ago and she could hardly walk after. Also, one of the girls she walked with lost toenails last year at this same marathon. SO BE CAREFUL!!!!\

Good luck!!!

Heidi said...

sorry I totally jacked your name.....its late will you forgive me!!!!

Debbie said...

I was once embarrassed too. I asked our waiter if I could get the cute waitresses phone number and he said, Well...She is my girlfriend but I could ask her if you want me too. Needless to say I didn't get the number. Loved having ya'll down here to TX miss you again already. JIM