I don't know why I found this incident so funny today? Probably because I had to hold it in, until now, when I was telling Andy about it. Anyhoo.. the last few months I've been having a problem with my kiddos hitting. Not hard hitting, but hitting all the same. I don't get it at all. My kids aren't mean kids, in fact, they are very lovey dovey kids. But, they ARE kids.
Today Payton came home and immediately told me, "Mom, I was naughty as school today."
(Hey, he IS honest!)
I asked him what he did and he told me he had hit someone. We had a little sit down and he proceeded to tell me what happened.
Apparently a little girl told him she did NOT like him. He then hit her.
"Payton, we do not hit people, especially girls."
"But.....I hit Halle all the time and she's a girl?"
(ha ha ha...holding back the laughter)
"Well, that is wrong too. You shouldn't hit anyone, including your sister."
We talked about how to make friends and what to do if someone doesn't like you. We even discussed possibly making Enemy Pie' (really cute book, check it out) He then wrote 10 times that he would not hit anyone.
Hopefully we'll get over this phase soon. :)
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Uh, sorry, NOT okay.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, Payton's too sweet to hit anyone. I can't believe it. And what a stupid girl (jk). Who doesn't like Payton!!!!! I want to hit her (jk). You did good though. Can't have him hitting anyone. Good job!
To Hit or Bite? That is the question. You have the hitter... I have the biter! (Is that even how you spell it?) Don't worry (as I freak out over it myself) this too will pass! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your header photo! Total awesomeness!
:) I love that he was so honest with you! And way to go on not actually laughing when he told you! :)
Hey, that's not too bad. My friends' 6 year old got a note home from school cuz he got angry at someone on the playground. He flipped the kid the bird and called him an a-hole!! It always could be worse!! lol
OK so I have to ask....can you fix my kids?? My boys not only hit they hit to KILL!!! I think I need a "supernanny" to come over. I would so have laughed at that!!! GOOD JOB, YOU ROCK!!!!!
Haha. This is so funny. :) It was fun visiting with you guys the other day. We definitely need to do it again! :)
Post a Comment