Fong.. I don't think you could find this language in the dictionary or any sort of formal historical site but it's become a common language in our household. Basically, it's a bunch of crazy talk Andy and Jim made up along time ago. However, when we started hearing our children copy things we didn't necessarily want them to say we found it comes in very handy. Now I'm not up to par with the two crazies who made it up but we've sure been having some fun conversations lately.
The kids are now trying to copy Fong, but don't really no how cause they don't know what we are saying. For example, they will just spurt out, "fong hong gong gong". yeah, that means nothing. But it's funny to hear them try. To speak fong, you take the consonant and put 'ong' at the end and spell out the vowels. For example, 'dang dog' would be 'dong a nong gong, dong o gong.' :)
Well...........the other day we were outside playing with our downstairs neighbors. They have a 4 yr old boy who is adorable. They are Korean and don't speak much English but we still have a great time.
So the mom is talking to her son and Payton asks her if she is speaking Korean. She tells him yes. He then says," hong mong nong nong fong. I speak fong!" She just looked at him like, what?! Halle then also went up to her and said, "I fong too! Gong gong fong!" I was afraid she would think they were making fun of her so I told her about our silly language and she laughed.
It's so funny to hear them spout out random 'fongs' and laugh at themselves with pride. I just hope they don't catch on too soon cause Andy and I are having too much fun with it. :)
Sunday, June 7, 2009
FONG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What a hoot! I hope she understood. Your neighbor, I mean. They are really nice.
LOL! I remember hearing them speak this and it made me crazy that I couldn't understand!!! :)
That is hilarious! I love messing with the kids! You guys are so much fun.
Jim and I are both laughing out loud (and the kids are even asleep! We're living on the edge.) :) What a funny story.
Wong e, Mong i song song, both, of, Yong o u!!
Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment